• Do a full financial analysis to establish your current situation.
• Benchmark your business compared with the top achievers.
• Identify your strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
• Monitor progress with ongoing analysis and financial planning.
• Clearly define business objectives and long-term goals.
• Create a vision statement for your business, based on what your business is about and how it will achieve
• Create your vision statement with your team and your customers, ensuring they fully understand and buy into it.
• Incorporate your vision statement into all internal and external communications.
• Define what it is that your business does differently from all your competitors.
• What makes it unique? Is there a demand for this?
• Ask your customers – Customer Survey.
• Identify who/what/where your target market is.
• Incorporate your unique selling proposition (USP) into all internal and external communications.
• Does your image reflect your business objectives?
• How does your target market perceive your business?
• Create the image you want your customers to consistently see and experience when they visit your office,
or web site, or read your advertising, your brochure, your stationery, etc.
• Implement a fully inclusive pricing / service policy – Your price / our service.
• Create systems and procedures for every role, with checklists.
• Implement performance targets, regular appraisals and incentive programmes – increase productivity
• Establish a regime of weekly sales meetings, incorporating product knowledge updates and performance reviews.
• Full compliance in terms of employ-ment agreements.
• Complete training on USP, service standards, pricing policy and all procedures.
• Implement a consultant driven sales and marketing system.
• Develop a sales brochure for your business, consistent with your image, to help build credibility and promote
• Consistent advertising must always feature product and your USP.